content='index,follow' name='robots'/> Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom: Are You Playing Your Music?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Are You Playing Your Music?

In his, 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace, Dr. Wayne Dyer lists, "Don’t Die with Your Music Still in You", as his 2nd secret to success. Do you have a longing or desire to do something but have never had the chance to follow it? It seems like life has taken you in a totally different direction. Maybe you’ve always wanted to go back to school or wondered what it would be like to live in another country. I have a list on my refrigerator of things I want to do before I die and I keep adding to it. Here’s my list so far:

see the Northern Lights
hang glide
visit Scotland
swim with the dolphins

To date, I haven’t had a chance to cross any of these off yet but I can see me doing them. Not only that, but just recently I’ve discovered a type of “music” within me I never knew I had and that is writing. I started it last month with a book in its beginning stages and now creating this blog with just 2 weeks of daily posts. Reading and especially writing have always seemed to come hard to me. But I finally paid attention to that inner guidance and followed it and as it unfolds, there is an excitement I never knew was there. It’s not easy and there are times when I have to sit myself down and make myself write or I have difficulty coming up with a topic. But I find when I continue with it and allow it to flow it takes on meaning and a fulfillment I’m still discovering. I suspect this would work the same with anything you desire to do.

I don’t know where it starts but our life takes on this role of obligation and education, then having a family and earning a living. Before long, we’ve traveled down that road quite a ways only to discover that our lives have very little passion or meaning. Yes, we love our families – not to take anything away from that - and we have learned a great deal in the experiences that we’ve had but we still feel unfulfilled. There is still music within you and me that is yearning to be played – longing to be expressed. There is something you were imprinted with when you were born that only YOU can do and I suspect you already know what it is. What is keeping you from checking it out – taking the risk – to see what you can do with it? Maybe you’re afraid of what others will think or maybe they won’t approve. Or, you’re just afraid you’d fail. Whatever the reason you’ve given yourself, I’m asking you to take another look and find a way to discover this hidden gift – your music - and let it shine for all the world to benefit from. As Dr. Wayne Dyer quotes from Thoreau, “If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.”

From the kitchen table - Pat
*************************************
Keep up to date with more articles like this.

 Subscribe to Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom

If you just enjoyed what you read, pay it forward and stumble it, bookmark it and enjoy the spirit of giving.

0 comments: