content='index,follow' name='robots'/> Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom: I Hope You Dance!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Hope You Dance!

(Photo by Microsoft Clipart)
There is a dance we’re all in - the dance of life.

We may not think going through the motions every day is much of a dance but it’s a dance nevertheless whether we cooperate or resist. And what is a dance without music - quiet whispers from within.

I’ve been thinking a lot about something "Eckhart Tolle" said:

“Being one with life is being one with Now. You then realize that you don’t live your life, but life lives you. Life is the dancer, and you are the dance.”

“…you don’t live your life, but life lives you” – that is such a powerful sentence. I’ve been realizing that in my own life I’ve had it all backwards if this is true. I’ve been taking the lead and running with it – living my life instead of allowing life to live in me. Isn’t that what we’ve been taught to do?

We get caught up in routines, work and excuses. I wonder, sometimes, what we’re running from. We don’t stop long enough to listen to our music - our dreams and heart’s desires - and notice and appreciate what is going on around us. What kind of a partner is that like to dance with?

Dr. Wayne Dyer just recently gave an example of the human’s take-charge attitude on Oprah’s “Soul Series” ~ (I’ll paraphrase):

Life starts and we’re conceived. God handles how we’re fed, how we grow, whether we’re a boy or a girl, how many toes and fingers we have – all the way through our full development in the womb. He gives us our very own life. Then, it comes time for us to be born and, when we arrive, we say to God, “Thanks. I’ll take over from here.” We go it on our own from there.

When you consider it – that’s a bit arrogant. Yet, we carry on going about doing and doing and doing. So, how do we turn it around and allow Life to take the lead while we’re in this dance? I’m learning to do this and dance the dance of life.

1. For me, the first thing is to slow down long enough to connect with Essence -Life Source - to a point where I feel it and know it and become comfortable. I’m learning who my lead partner is in this dance. One way to make this connection is through our breath and become aware as you breathe in and out.

2. When I feel it and recognize the connection from within, then I can begin to trust and allow ideas to flow, people to come in and out of my life, merge with the events of the day – not fight it and try to make things happen.

3. Next, find your music; it’s within each of us. You can’t dance without music and if we tune into the music that resonates with us we’ll know the rhythm of our heart and can move in time with our partner - Life.

Dr. Wayne Dyer says, “Don’t die with your music still in you.” And I’ll add, “When you discover your music, dance. Dance the dance of life and let your Creator lead.”

I HOPE YOU DANCE!


I hope you'll join us again. Don't miss the next post. You can sign up for free!


Subscribe to Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom


Were you encouraged - got a lift for the day, please consider a donation. THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,

I've been thinking about you. I hadn't seen you in blogosphere, and prayed all was well in your world.

I love this post. Isn't that true? We're born and try to take over after God had created us so miraculously. We have to ask ourselves, "what's that all about?"

When we learn to slow it down to a waltz, we have more time to enjoy all that we have and all that surrounds us. We also realize less is more.

Like you, I don't want to die with music still within me.

Blessings, my friend!

CRAFTS AND TRAVEL said...

Great article, Dancing makes you feel alive, at least it did for me.
Keep it up. and Go Dance.

Pat said...

Barbara - thank you for thinking about me and your kind words. I've been a little out of blogosphere of late with working overtime.

Moving back and forth in between corporate America and my quiet times are a bit overwhelming. I haven't quite learned how to blend the two yet but I'm getting close.

I'm learning how to dance wherever I'm at and be true to myself and bring that light and energy with me. It's amazing to watch it happen and unfold.

We all have a purpose in the bigger Plan. It's just learning to tune into the music within and let it play. I'm happy to hear you're doing that.

Blessings to you too, my friend and thank you for your concern and prayers. All is well in my world.

Pat said...

Crafts and Travel - thank you for your comments and for stopping by for a visit.

I'm glad you liked the article. It sounds like you're enjoying your own dance too.

I like your website Crafts and Travel. I was particularly interested in the geneology links you provided. Will have to check it out in more depth.

Hope you come back. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Blessings,