content='index,follow' name='robots'/> Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom: What Would You Like to See and Do?

Thursday, May 15, 2008

What Would You Like to See and Do?

IMAGINE...
You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us...and the World will live as one
~~John Lennon~~

Do you have some things in mind you would like to do or some place you would like to visit before your time with this life on earth is over? I have a small list of things on my frig and now and then I add to it.

I’ll share them with you and I’d like you to comment and share some of the things that stand out for you that you would like to do. Here are mine:

1. SEE THE NORTHERN LIGHTS (AURORA BOREALIS). I’ve read about them and have seen glimpses of them on TV shows now and then. But, I can only imagine how mystical they are in their greens and blues swirling around and moving with the currents of the air.

Credits Go To Carlos (RioMondego) On YouTube


2. PARAGLIDE. I once saw this TV spot on Colorado Getaways of a woman and her friend trying out the adventure of tandem paragliding. If you have someone with you on the first time out, you may feel more secure. What would that feel like soaring like a bird?

3. VISIT SCOTLAND. I have ancestry that came from Scotland (both grandparents) and a friend that has frequently visited the Findhorn Foundation. I have my father’s 100-year old book written about my great-great-great Grandfather, Thomas Edward, called “The Life of a Scotch Naturalist” by Samuel Smiles, LL.D. He was given an award from Queen Victoria in the late 1800’s and one of the people who gave him tribute in the book for his work was Charles Darwin. I would love to visit and explore some of the places talked about in his book and do a genealogy research as well as take in the sights and get to know the people.

4. SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS. I met a woman who practices Reiki a few years back who took regular trips to Cancun, Mexico to swim with the dolphins. She invited me to go with their group but I wasn’t able to go at that time. She talked about the spiritual and therapeutic benefits her clients received and the wonderful experiences.

5. VISIT THE GROTTO OF LOURDES, FRANCE AND TAKE PART IN THE EVENING PROCESSION. Dr. Wayne Dyer talked in one of his lectures about participating in this procession in the small town of Lourdes, France. He said this procession takes places every evening from early spring to the fall. No one advertises, there aren’t any real instructions as to what to do. Ten to fourteen thousand people from all over the world show up every evening with candles. There’s a strong peace and energy force somehow orchestrating the event. There are wheelchairs and people with crutches and no pushing or shoving. It all seems to move and flow so effortlessly. It was a powerful experience for him.

6. SEE THE TULIPS IN FULL BLOOM IN HOLLAND. I love flowers and can just imagine the fragrance in the air as you take in field after field of brightly colored tulips.

This is my list so far. I know there are many other wonderful things on this God’s earth to discover and explore. As I learn about them, I’ll add them to my list. I'm excited for the time when I'll get the chance to visit and do these things and cross them off my list. How about you? What are some of the things you’d like to do - places you'd like to see?

I hope you'll join us again. Don't miss the next post. You can sign up for free!
Subscribe to Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom

Were you encouraged - got a lift for the day, please consider a donation. THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Patricia Singleton said...

My trips to India have taught me that when something is important enough to me, I can save the money to do it. We all have that ability. You just have to decide what is really important.

Pat said...

Patricia - thanks for your comment.

I know what you're saying is so true and I appreciate that you brought this out.

These things are important to me but I guess I never considered it in the way you put it. I guess the way I've looked at it has been more of a dream not a reality. Something, that maybe someday will happen.

You're right. I need to look at this differently.

Wow! In just a few sentences you said so much.

Thank you - thank you - thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,

I've always thought it would be pretty cool to see the pyramids in Egypt. For some reason they have always intrigued me.

The tulips in bloom in Holland must be phenomenal. I always adored those cute wooden shoes and the colorful costumes when they show the girls dancing.

Pat said...

Barbara - Egypt carries such a mystery about it with its history and pyramids. It would be a wonderful place to visit.

It's interesting to experience the different energies these places hold along with the sounds, smells, culture and people.

I remember visiting Kuwai (one of the Hawaiian islands) and the fragrance of flowers was in the air and the smell of the earth was evident.

Beautiful - mmmm I'll bet those tulips in Holland are in full bloom now.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing what you'd like to see.

Blessings,