content='index,follow' name='robots'/> Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom: A Sweet and Familiar Place

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Sweet and Familiar Place

I woke up this morning with thoughts of peace and gratitude. As I lay there listening to the sounds of early morning and opening my eyes to the light of day, I felt that in this place all was right with the world. The feeling was sweet and familiar of a place I had known long ago and I wanted to stay there. There were no struggles to get this done or chase to meet that person. No deadlines to meet or bills to pay. It was all taken care of and I could just rest in it and be thankful. In this place, everything was given effortlessly for your taking with an abundance of love. You didn’t have to meet criteria to purchase anything or to possess anything. All was freely given with no strings attached and I thought how different it is in this world. I like this place – it feels good. I realized that this is our heritage, our birthright, and this is what has been given to us only we have forgotten it. The feeling stayed with me for awhile as I got up and dressed to prepare for the day. It was still with me earlier as I started this post working on doing it justice to find the words to express it. But as the day moved on with all of its distractions the feeling diminished and its presence was felt more in the background as if programs running on a computer.

What is it that takes me out of this realm and into the world as we know it? Why can’t I be in both places at the same time and allow the attributes of one dimension be expressed and translated in the other dimension? Are there two dimensions or are we dreaming? We see signs of this sweet and familiar place in this world when we feel the sunshine on our face and the rain and snow that fall to water and replenish the earth. This is all freely given. The animals and birds have a knowing that their needs are provided and move in that ebb and flow of given energy that appears to be eluding us. If you listen, you can hear the whispers in the wind of the presence of a parallel world. It appears to be there and real and there’s the ability within all of us to access it anytime.

“The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you.
Don’t go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don’t go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth
across the doors where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don’t go back to sleep.”
– RUMI –

As our awareness becomes more acute and intentions more adept to attracting the presence of this dimension, I believe we can live and function in both worlds as we see it. We can bring that dimension forward where it’s ever present from the background and explore and discover it and learn how to live in it while living in the physical world. I felt glimpses of it today as I was going about everyday chores. Because I was focusing on this topic and how to express what I felt, I found myself doing things but not aware of myself doing them. I was going through the motions but my focus was on this place and how to express what I felt. If we consider what Deepak Chopra says as you read on in his book, The Book of Secrets – Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life the possibility of living in this place of peace is available to us while functioning in a physical state we only have to know where to look:

“When you are living the truth of one reality, every secret reveals itself without effort or struggle.”

“The one reality is spirit, and the surface of life is only a disguise with a thousand masks that keeps us from discovering what is real.”

“A mystery that doesn’t want to be known will just keep retreating the closer you come to it. The mystery of life doesn’t behave that way: Its secrets are revealed immediately if you know where to look. But where is that?”

“The body’s wisdom is a good entry point into the hidden dimensions of life, because although completely invisible, the body’s wisdom is undeniably real – a fact that medical researchers began to accept in the mid-1980’s.”

We have built within us the secret of life ready to be discovered only we’re hung up on the masks we believe to be a reality. And maybe if there is really only one dimension not two, one reality, as Deepak describes earlier, it is just disguised by elusions and distractions.

That place I felt this morning seems so far away from me now. I wasn’t able to hold onto the feel of it. As I learn to be present in every moment I will remember again that blissful place I came from, a place where all is right with the world, and will discover more of the secret of life to bring forth into this reality. Have you had a similar experience? I’d like to hear your thoughts.

From the kitchen table - Pat
*************************************
Keep up to date with more articles like this.

 Subscribe to Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom

If you just enjoyed what you read, pay it forward and stumble it, bookmark it and enjoy the spirit of giving.

0 comments: