content='index,follow' name='robots'/> Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom: Simplify, Simplify, Simplify

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify

These days, it seems like I’m peddling backwards and instead of simplifying my life I find it more complicated. My intention at the beginning of this New Year was to unload a lot of baggage – not only emotional baggage I’ve carried around for years but a lot of clutter we have accumulated over the years. Make my life easier and simpler. But what “appears” (I add the quotes because what appears is not always so) to be happening is just the opposite. I’ve taken on a full-time temporary job and commuting almost 2-1/2 hours a day – seems more complicated, huh? But what I find actually happening is:

I’m enjoying myself.
Sure, I don’t have as much time as I did before but I feel productive and on purpose.
When you don’t have much time, you learn to make the best use of the time you have and get organized.
The newness of the job is good because it challenges me to get out of my comfort zone and stimulate creativity.
I’m meeting new people and surrounding myself with a fresh, new successful energy.
I know I’m where I am supposed to be at this given time for a reason.

In my past experience, I’ve always found that when I’m plopped into a new arena, new life experience, there’s a deeper, soon to be discovered, purpose and by working my way through it usually catapults me to the next level of spiritual growth. I must admit – I’m tired. It’s been 5-1/2 years since working in the corporate world and my body needs to acclimate. What is exciting to me is that I have short intervals throughout the day when I sense warmth and knowing that all is well and that means so much to me. I’m being alerted to keep my eyes and heart open and listen for the cues and the lessons.

I have been stuck spiritually. It seemed like no matter what – meditate, pray, read, and seek – I couldn’t hear. Somehow, this new temporary work is what I need to change things up and break me out of it. Now, I have an excitement like I remember in times past when I would get supernatural guidance, visions and dreams but, somehow, this time it will be different.

Have any of you been on a journey that you knew would blow your socks off but you didn’t know why you felt that way? It’s intuitive and it comes from within with much love, a gentle leading and trust. So, I’ll keep you posted on how this goes and if it looks like you need to simplify your life be on the lookout and be willing to take the path you’re given.

From the kitchen table - Pat
*************************************
Keep up to date with more articles like this.

 Subscribe to Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom

If you just enjoyed what you read, pay it forward and stumble it, bookmark it and enjoy the spirit of giving.

0 comments: