content='index,follow' name='robots'/> Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom: Progress Report

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Progress Report

As I’ve been talking about in the last 2 posts (see Happy New Year! and Ideal Scene and Goal Setting), I’ve been working on my ideal scene and outlining and writing my goals for what I want my life to look like in 5 years. In writing my goals I’ve added the phrase, “In an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way…” as Marc Allen suggested, in his book The Greatest Secret of All - Moving Beyond Abundance to a Life of True Fulfillment and from his source, Catherine Ponder. I’ve printed it out so I can now edit and rewrite it until I get it the way I want it. In addition to what I’ve been doing with envisioning my ideal scene and writing goals, I thought I would give you a progress report on Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom. I have only been writing this blog a little over a month (began Nov 26th ’07) and I wanted not only to give you content by writing a post 5 days a week but quality posts by sharing a piece of me as well. So, here goes. As of today, I’ve had a total of 171 visitors, 332 page views and 9 RSS feed subscribers. It’s a start and it may be a small beginning but I’m encouraged with these stats and have all of you to thank for the support and comments.

I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned not only about myself but how great a community of people is out there interested in what I have to say. I’ve been following Andrew on his project weight loss at Personal Hack and watching all the support he’s receiving. I’ve been reading all the blog carnivals and the vast amount of postings on so many interesting topics. I can’t begin to list them all (I have a blog roll on my site if you want to check out some of these carnivals). My head is swimming with all the techno info and the “how to’s”. I love Patricia Singleton’s posts on Spiritual Journey of a Lightworker and Karen Lynch has just put out her Live the Power Unlimited II – Vol 11 Carnival edition which includes a posting by Dr. Martin Russell on “Self Help Sleeping Pills – The Campaign” that I’m sure will help a lot of people having that problem. But what strikes me with all of this is that I’m discovering a whole new world of incredible people sharing their stories and assisting with the knowledge they have learned. In the olden days you used to see this kind of help when there was a barn building. Everyone in the community would help in some way to be a part of that project. The energy was so contagious and compassionate.

I remember a story from my grandparents that express the feeling I’m trying to convey for this new found community. My grandparents lived in Virginia on the Eastern Shore near the Chesapeake Bay and there was fishing all the time. As the story goes, a long time ago fishermen went out to the shore early in the morning to lay out their nets. In the evening, they would go back out and haul in their seine (nets) bringing in whatever fish they caught. One evening, when they went out to the shore and began hauling in the seine, it was loaded down with fish. There were so many fish it was hard to contain. So, as they hauled at sunset they started singing spiritual songs and word got around to the people in town of what was happening. So, almost everyone came down to the shoreline to watch. Can you imagine the scene with hundreds of people sitting on the banks of the shoreline, the sun going down and watching and listening to the singing of those southern spirituals as the fisherman hauled in their catch? To me, it was similar to biblical times when Jesus walked the shores of Galilee and fished with the disciples.

Thank you everyone out there – internet community – for viewing and commenting and putting my posts on your carnivals and for bookmarking and stumbling my blog. I feel a sense of unity and community from you and it encourages me to learn more and contribute back to you something that maybe in some small way can be as helpful to you as it has been to me.

From the kitchen table - Pat
*************************************
Keep up to date with more articles like this.

 Subscribe to Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom

If you just enjoyed what you read, pay it forward and stumble it, bookmark it and enjoy the spirit of giving.

0 comments: